SpraynBond Fabric Stiffener is a must-have for any fabric crafter! It makes fabrics more paper-like and fray-free for easy cutting, pressing and stitching. This quick-dry, non-aerosol formula dries clear and can be left in or washed out depending on your needs. Unlike other fabric stiffeners on the market, there is no need to soak the fabric, just spray until damp. Let fabric air-dry or iron it for immediate use.
- 6.8 fl oz (200 mL)
- Quick-dry formula
- Dries clear
- Makes fabric more paper-like
- Helps prevent fraying
- Fabric returns to original state after washing
- Shake well before use!
- Place fabric on protected surface.
- Spray 8-10 inches away from fabric until entire surface area is damp.
(do not soak)
- To Stiffen: (flat fabric projects) cover with parchment paper and iron on medium heat until dry. Let cool.
- To Shape: Create desired shape and let air dry.
- If fabric needs to be stiffer, repeat steps above.
Machine Wash Cold / Machine Dry Delicate (low heat)
Common uses for Fabric Stiffener:
Quilting/T-Shirt Quilting: SpraynBond Fabric Stiffener reduces stretch when stitching on knits or fabric bias.
Appliqués: Treated fabrics will lay flat like paper to help create fray-free appliqués.
Embroidery: Use Fabric Stiffener as an easy alternative to tear-away stabilizer to eliminate most puckering.
Electronic cutters/Dies: Treated fabrics will run through machines as easily as paper and produce clean, fray-free edges.
Arts & Crafts: Use treated fabrics for fabric painting, cardmaking, stamping, scrapbooking and more.
Home Décor & More: Fabric Stiffener can be used on most fabrics, as well as bows, lace, doilies, silk flowers and crochet.